Surprise! I'm posting after only two days! I'm being lazy and bored right now and drinking tea even though I feel really hyper because that's just how much of a looser I am. Yeaaaaa. Anyways, here are some sort of random pictures/scans (MORE SCANS?) from the past few days.
Let's start off with some very un-artistic photos I took on the way to my grandma's house. And yea, I know it's gorgeous where I live and blah, blah, blah, but it's soooo extremely boring and omg I won't even start with all my complaints.
Then we have some some photos of another one of my shelves...this one sort of has an artsy/travel theme. From left to right, top to bottom:
- The Art and Photo Books that my parents have had forever, they are supercool because each page has a different artist's/photographer's little biography and one of their pieces
- A little bowl filled with seashells, sea glass, coins, a marble, and a barbie boot that I found on a beach in Israel
- Five National Geographics (1960, 61, 62, 64, and 65) that I got in the free box of my favorite antique store that went out of business :(
- A painting I did a month or so ago
- A photograph my grandparents brought back from France that I just adore
- I piece of what my sister and I named "sea tile" after finding tons in Italy. I'll do a post sometime with pictures of all of these little beach findings!
- A little globe I got a few years ago at the World Market in Boulder
- A really amazing little book called "Sara Midda's South of France- A Sketch Book" filled with the most gorgeous little watercolors and descriptions. My mom gave it to my dad in '91 but I stole it from their bookshelf.
- A postcard from Berlin with an abstract drawing of the TV tower
Here are some scans from the National Geographics...
love this so much for some reason...
ahhhh old advertisements! :')
my scanner is too small and double pages don't fit, sadly
And some scans from the amazing sketchbook!
Gorgeous right? Sorry for all the of the extra-large pictures, I just had to though.
I really love all you girls in this little network of random Rookies we have going on here hahaha :)